SUMMER PUDDING RECIPE
A mouth-watering dessert that embodies summer itself, our Summer Pudding recipe is the perfect treat after a Sunday roast with family and friends.
- 500g strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants and redcurrants
- 3 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 125g caster sugar
- 8 slices crustless sliced white bread
- Extra berries
- Mint leaves
Step by step:
- Tip 500g Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants and redcurrants, 3 tbsp elderflower cordial and 125g caster sugar plus a teaspoon of vanilla essence into a pan. Gently heat, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Sieve the hot fruit over a bowl.
- Line four 200ml pudding basins with clingfilm, then with medium sliced white bread (crusts discarded) (8 slices) briefly dipped in the fruit juice – use circles for the bases (and lids) and fingers for the sides. Fill in any gaps with smaller pieces of bread.
- Divide the fruit between the basins, add bread lids and cover with clingfilm. Put a saucer on top of each pudding and a weight on each saucer.
- Chill overnight. Turn out and dust with icing sugar. Serve with extra berries, cream and mint leaves.
Let us know if you give it a try before summer ends! Tag us or send in your pics @saracensheadnorfolk